With the Tag Directory Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Server you can render managed metadata taxonomies, right from the term store, as flat A-Z index or glossary of tags as well-known from technical books. The tags are linked to the SharePoint Tag Profiles or, alternatively, directly to the tagged content. The web part offers an additional navigation to browse the corporate knowledge alphabetically - independent of the storage structure. It helps to find content fast and to build a common corporate language.
Features and benefits:
* More efficient information access: The Tag Directory offers an additional navigation that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. A great step forward for any portal.
* Company-wide glossary helps to build a common language: The web part also could be used as some kind of glossary, helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
* Well-known navigation - no training required: Alphabetically sorted directories are very common and well-known, e.g. in technical books. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
* No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of content tagging using managed metadata and enterprise keywords. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies. Tagging could be completely automatically with the Auto Tagger component.
* Flexible design and linking: The web part comes with template-based output (XSLT). Additional information can be flexible displayed. The tag can be linked to the tag profile as well as to the tagged content items and documents itself.
* External data can be linked as well using Layer2 BDLC.
* 100% SharePoint 2010 Technology: The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010/2013.
* Certified as Platform Ready for Microsoft SharePoint
SharePoint Tag Directory Web Part is a free trial software application from the Components & Libraries subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English, German and it was last updated on 2014-06-01. The program can be installed on Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP.
SharePoint Tag Directory Web Part (version 2.6) has a file size of 100.00 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 73 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.